This tool is an addition to our import tools that enable you to save more time than ever when migrating.
Importing your BC Blog folder enables you to upload your entire Blog (one or multiple!); maintaining relationships with your Tags, Categories and your Posts. Using this import will transform your Blog into a WebApp but will remain the same as if it were still on BC.
Zip up your Blog folder
First off, use BCExporter, to export your BC Site which will contain the Blog Module from the Site.
We have an offer with BCExporter, you can find out more information here.
If your Blog Module uses Categories or Tags, then ensure that the relevant category/tag json files are also within this folder. Once this has been done, zip up this folder. Category/ tag json files can be found in the root of the folder that you receive from BC.
Where can you find BC Blog Import tool?
While viewing your Site Admin, use the left-hand menu to click "Site Manager" and expand the sub-menu. Next click on "Migration Tools" to view information about this tool, and an area for you to upload your Zipped folder.
How do you import?
Here, you can see "Usage Notes", which we recommend you read fully before importing as this contains important information.
Click "Upload Zip" when you have a zipped folder prepared, and choose this to begin importing your Blog(s) to Siteglide.
A success message will show in the top right hand corner when this process has been completed for you. You can also head to Site Manager > Import Logs, to find a log of this Blog(s) import.
- Migrations Overview
- Migration Method Checklist
- Migrations- Creating the Siteglide Site
- Static Site Import - How To Use
- Migrating Assets
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrations - BC Blog Import
- Menu Builder Module
- Menus - Creating A Menu
- Menus - Editing Menu Items
- Troubleshooting Migrated Menu Layouts
- Code Editor - Introduction
- Code Editor - Creating & Deleting Folders / Files
- Migrating Templates
- Headers - Create a Header
- Footers - Create a Footer
- Toolbox - Introduction
- Migrating Forms
- URL Redirects - Import
- Migrating WebApp Layouts
- Migration Tools- BC to Siteglide Tag Conversion Table (A Work in Progress)
- How To Put A Site Live
- FAQ - What's the difference between an ID and an external ID?
- FAQ - My Page on BC had a URL ending in ".html". How can I make sure they find my new page without this file extension?
- FAQ - How do I claim my free BC Exporter Credits?