This Article aims to give an overview of the topics currently covered in our GraphQL tutorials, and the topics we aim to provide in the future.
For a longer introduction to GraphQL and how it can be used with Siteglide, check out the following Article: https://help.siteglide.com/en/articles/3608297-about-graphql
How the Tutorials Work
These GraphQL tutorials are organised by topic, but we'd recommend you work through them one by one.
This is because each tutorial will build upon the skills covered in previous ones.
We also include challenges- because when learning something like GraphQL it always helps to get hands-on experience exploring and applying the skills you've picked up. Don't worry if you can't quite manage the challenges straight away. Give them your best shot and then check the answer pages.
The following Tutorials are currently available:
- Tutorial 1 - Your First Query
- Tutorial 2 - Pagination
- Tutorial 3 - Filtering the Results
- Tutorial 4 - Advanced Filtering
- Tutorial 5 - Using Liquid to run GraphQL queries on your Site
- Tutorial 6 - Using Variables
Some topics will be covered in our challenges. We'll challenge you to build upon what you've learned, before revealing a solution. If the topics interest you, try the tutorial with the same name first.
- Tutorial 3 Answers - Returning all WebApp Items- excluding Module Items
- Tutorial 4 Answers - Using Multiple Filter Rules
- Tutorial 6 Answers - Building your own Pagination Controls with Variables
Planned GraphQL Tutorials
In the future, we intend to cover the following topics:
- Search for Results
- Sort Results
- Use other types of Query e.g.
- Run some GraphQL mutations
Please let us know if you'd like to see anything else included.