Need a Content Management System that can handle recipes, store locations, book reviews or something more unusual for your Client? WebApp it!
WebApps are a fully customisable solution for storing and embedding dynamic content on your Site.
WebApps work in a similar way to our Modules- but are more open-ended and designed to make it easy for you and your Client to model any kind of data.
You might be familiar with the terminology of WebApps if you're coming to Siteglide from Adobe Business Catalyst. If you're new to the term, you can think of a WebApp as consisting of the following main parts:
- A database collection of documents- each document is referred to as a "WebApp item".
- A List view- You can pull out lists of dynamic content for Users to browse through. We provide options for searching, sorting and filtering through data. You can fully customise the view and use the Liquid templating language to add content from the database.
- A Detail view- If you select this option, we'll dynamically create a Page for each of the items in your WebApp. You can fully customise the view and use the Liquid templating language to add content from the database.
WebApp are created and managed by the Agency and Client on the Siteglide Admin, but you can also set it up so that Site Users can add items and edit those items they own.
Where can you find WebApps?
While viewing your Site Admin, use the left-hand menu to click "WebApps" and expand the sub-menu. This will show you a list of all of the WebApps that you currently have on your Site, as well as a button to "Create New WebApp".
- WebApps - Creating a WebApp
- WebApps - Editing a WebApp
- WebApps - Creating & Editing Items
- WebApps - Standard Fields, Copy & View Item
- WebApps - Add to Category
- WebApps - Add a Location
- WebApps - Import / Export
- Developer Documentation
- Nesting WebApp and Module Content - Troubleshooting
- FAQ - How do I filter a Module or WebApp by Category?
- Secure Zones Module - Securing a WebApp item
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrating WebApp Layouts