Creating the New Menus
We'll start by creating the Menu Structure in the Admin, and we'll come to the code later.
Menu builder does not yet display existing WebApp items and their Detail Pages, we'll add that soon! For now, you can add any page to your menu, and customise its name and URL to point to any WebApp item you'd like. The same can be done for external links.
You've already defined which Pages will appear in your Menu.
Now, we'll look at the Layouts. These contain the code which defines the HTML structure for a Menu as it is rendered on the Page. We'll also use Liquid to dynamically fetch the Menu Items from the Menus you created earlier.
After running a Static Site Import, you'll find the code that forms your Menu layouts at the top of your Pages . You can choose to do one of two methods here:
- Cut this code from your Pages and paste these into new layout files for your Menu within Code Editor - creating an "item.liquid" file, and a "wrapper.liquid" file in the relevant area.
- Create new layouts, or use default layouts within Admin or from our Studio Layout Library
Head back to the Migration Section to Migrate the next part of your Site!
Check out our Troubleshooting Migrated Menu Layouts doc if you experience any issues.
- Migrations Overview
- Migration Method Checklist
- Migrations- Creating the Siteglide Site
- Static Site Import - How To Use
- Migrating Assets
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrations - BC Blog Import
- Menu Builder Module
- Menus - Creating A Menu
- Menus - Editing Menu Items
- Troubleshooting Migrated Menu Layouts
- FAQ - How do I add a folder in Code Editor?
- Migrating Templates
- Headers - Create a Header
- Footers - Create a Footer
- Toolbox - Introduction
- Migrating Forms
- Migrating URL Redirects
- Migrating WebApp Layouts
- Migration Tools- BC to Siteglide Tag Conversion Table (A Work in Progress)
- How To Put A Site Live
- FAQ - What's the difference between an ID and an external ID?
- FAQ - My Page on BC had a URL ending in ".html". How can I make sure they find my new page without this file extension?
- FAQ - How do I claim my free BC Exporter Credits?