When migrating, you'll need to create a Site to begin importing/migrating your Site into. You have various options when creating a Site, and depending on which method of migration you are doing, will decide what Site to create.
For more information on creating a Site and about Design System and Starter Site, click here.
If you are doing a like-for-like migration you won't need Design System included in your site, as you will use the existing assets and content on your site.
Make sure "Design System" is not selected in the Site Creation modal.
Installing Starter Site for this type of migration is up to you; as it is a Site containing dummy data and all of our features. For this reason, it may be a lot of bulk on your Site that you may not need; although you may want to be able to quickly switch dummy data for real data to get a Site up and running quickly.
Starter Site on a like-for-like migration is up to personal preference.
If you are going to improve your site layouts to modernize them and make them more responsive, you'll want to include Design System when you create your site.
Make sure "Design System" is ticked in the site creation modal.
This will automatically include bootstrap 4 in your templates. When you install Siteglide Modules, such as Slider, Menu and more, you will receive Design System Layouts with them.
For this migration, Starter Site is up to personal preference.
If you are going to do a fully bespoke rebuild of your site, there are a couple of routes you can take:
- You may want to include Design System in your site so you can easily make use of Bootstrap 4 and have access to the Design System Layouts.
- You can also choose to start with a blank site, not include the Design System and build the site just using your own libraries.
For this type of migration, Design System is up to personal preference; but is recommended Starter Site is not selected in the Site Creation modal.
- Migrations Overview
- Migration Method Checklist
- Migrations- Creating the Siteglide Site
- Migrating Assets
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrating Menus
- Migrating Templates
- Migrating Pages
- Migrating Forms
- Migrating URL Redirects
- Migrating WebApp Layouts
- Migration Tools- BC to Siteglide Tag Conversion Table (A Work in Progress)
- Migration Last Steps
- FAQ - What's the difference between an ID and an external ID?
- FAQ - My Page on BC had a URL ending in ".html". How can I make sure they find my new page without this file extension?
- FAQ - How do I claim my free BC Exporter Credits?