When migrating a site from Adobe BC there are some key factors to consider to help you choose the best method. Below we'll outline the various import tools available and answer some initial questions to help get you started.
Learn more about migration methods and approaches here: Migration Method Checklist
Siteglide Import Tools
Tools For Importing Whole Websites
- Static Site Import Tool - Use CLI to copy every page from an existing site and import it to a Siteglide site. Any assets found will also be imported to File Manager.
Tools For Importing Data
- Full WebApp Import - Import all WebApps and WebApp items at once while maintaining datasources, categories and structure.
- WebApp items - Use CSV files to import items to WebApps you have created.
- BC Blog Module Import - Import the Blog Module from Business Catalyst maintaining relationships between Tags, Categories and Blog posts.
- Full Assets Folder - Upload a zip folder of all your assets to a site.
- CRM - Use CSV files to import contacts to the CRM.
- URL Redirects - Use a CSV file to import URL redirects to a site.
How do I create a Site for migrations?
To create a new site, go to either the Client company or your Agency company in Portal and and click the "Create New Site" button above the list of sites, on the right hand side.
For more information on how to create a site to match your migration method, checkout: Migrations - Creating A Site For Migrating
How do you get your Site data out of BC?
BC Exporter is guaranteed to save you time and hassle and it exports more of your website than you can do manually.
For more information on using BC Exporter to get your Site data, click here.
Siteglide partners available to help with migrations
Connect today with a Siteglide Expert Partner who can assist with parts of your migrations or carry out whole migrations for you:
Expert partners can also provide you with any technical help you might need when adding new features to your sites in future.
- Migrations Overview
- Migration Method Checklist
- Migrations- Creating the Siteglide Site
- Static Site Import - How To Use
- Migrating Assets
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrations - BC Blog Import
- Menu Builder Module
- Menus - Creating A Menu
- Menus - Editing Menu Items
- Troubleshooting Migrated Menu Layouts
- Code Editor - Introduction
- Code Editor - Creating & Deleting Folders / Files
- Migrating Templates
- Headers - Create a Header
- Footers - Create a Footer
- Toolbox - Introduction
- Migrating Forms
- URL Redirects - Import
- Migrating WebApp Layouts
- Migration Tools- BC to Siteglide Tag Conversion Table (A Work in Progress)
- How To Put A Site Live
- FAQ - What's the difference between an ID and an external ID?
- FAQ - My Page on BC had a URL ending in ".html". How can I make sure they find my new page without this file extension?
- FAQ - How do I claim my free BC Exporter Credits?