Creating a WebApp
While viewing your Site Admin, use the left-hand menu to click "WebApps" and expand the sub-menu, clicking on the “+ Create new WebApp” button.
Here, you can set up, manage and edit information about this WebApp, such as:
- Name - Defines the name your WebApp. (Required)
- Has detail view? - Choose whether this WebApp will have a detail view
- Slug - Defines the URL that your WebApp can be found at.
- Detail Page Template - Choose a page template for this WebApp to use when in detail view
- Detail Layout - Choose a detail layout for this WebApp to use
- Secure Zones - Items can be made secure - Choose to secure these items, and whether to show these in list or hide.
- Standard Fields - These include key information that you can manage and edit for your items.
- SEO Fields - These include fields that can be filled in on items for this WebApp to improve your Site's SEO scores.
- Custom Fields - Here you can add, edit and remove custom fields to use for your WebApp
You can create as many custom fields as you’d like by clicking the blue “Add New Fields” button.
- Text (String) - Single line text field, used for short text inputs.
- Text (Multiline) - Multiline text field, used for longer text inputs.
- Checkbox - Comma seperated e.g. Checkbox 1, Checkbox 2.
- Radio Button - Comma separated e.g. Radio 1, Radio 2.
- Dropdown (Single Item) - Comma seperated e.g. Option 1, Option 2.
- Dropdown (Multi Item) - Comma seperated e.g. Option 1, Option 2.
- Image - Select an image from File Manager.
- File - Select a file from File Manager.
- Date - Select a date.
- Datasource (Single Item) - Select a WebApp that you’d like to pull in the data for on your WebApp item.
- Datasource (Multi-Item) - Select a WebApp that you’d like to pull in the data for on your WebApp item.
- Custom Array - Define values unique to each item using the "Enter" key to separate.
Once you have completed setting up a new WebApp, click 'Save' and find your new WebApp in the left-hand menu.
- WebApps - Introduction
- Developer Documentation
- WebApps - Creating a WebApp
- WebApps - Editing a WebApp
- WebApps - Creating & Editing Items
- WebApps - Standard Fields, Copy & View Item
- WebApps - Add to Category
- WebApps - Add a Location
- WebApps - Import / Export
- Nesting WebApp and Module Content - Troubleshooting
- FAQ - How do I filter a Module or WebApp by Category?
- Secure Zones Module - Securing a WebApp item
- Migrating (Importing) WebApps
- Migrating WebApp Layouts